Saturday, June 05, 2004

02/06/04- 04/06/04 Recife

Nice enough city (especially Olinda) but not a patch on either Natal or Salvador. As a result we didnt stay very long. We did have a lovely day wandering around Olinda and trying to avoid all the guides who insisted that we had to pay them to walk around the city. We also had an amusing tour of the city on one of the local buses when we got on one we thought was going to the airport but in fact had just come from there. Thankfully we had plenty of time to catch our plane.

I haven't got much to add except to say that as pleasant as Recife was, I wouldn't bother going there- had I not already been there. I needed someone like me to tell me not to go but I am me and I still went.

Oh Linda! Named after the vegetarian sausages apparently. Dutch lost the town from the Portuguese and there are no animal products there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home