Tuesday, August 31, 2004

29/08/04- 02/09/04 Granada

Oh it is nice here, lots of colonial charm and rum. Best of all, in this heat, our hotel has a lovely swimming pool. Yummy.

Not so sure this paints the best picture of this town, most of the colonial buildings are in a slightly better condition.



Most of the colonial buildings are intact and inhabited which as a consequence means that it isn't as initially attractive as somewhere like Ariquipa in Peru but instead is a full working city. I really haven't got all that much to say about it- could do with a lick of paint, lots of high ceilings and impressive courtyards, a bit dirty and run down- most original colonial city in this continent as most others suffered earthquakes or fires or pirates and whatnot. Blah blah blah blah blah


3 Comments:

At 2 September 2004 at 11:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gits, after many months of not checking the email as I assumed you were to damn lazy to update the site I find these couple of hundred pages, I have now printed them all, and wasted all my toner in doing so, and will update myself when and if I have time love to libs und andy. Anonymous indeed....

 
At 3 September 2004 at 13:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by posting anonymously I don't have to log on and waste more time on this site. Frankly, I told you to have a message board before you left, so will continue to fill it with abuse until it averages out to be a little a day since you started. Also Granada is in Spain so doubting whether or not you actually left europe, lots of links to other people photos... photoshop cut and paste... And... to quote from 14/04/04 - 17/04/04 Bariloche "..here we saw 2 tigers by the side of the lake..". LIE! And as for the Catherdral in Brasilia, wrong, Roman Catholic catherdral Liverpool, next to the Victoria Building.. So there, I rest my case...

 
At 6 September 2004 at 13:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another day and no update on blog. Hmmmnnn. Have finally finished reading everything upto date. Intresting journeys abound. Note to self never travel on taxis, buses or public transport in South America. Actually extend this to most outher places as well. Apart for the imaginary tigers and the rabbit in the hostel what other animals have you seen? Anacondas? Giant Anteaters? The spider fron Aracnophobia? I also can't believe you didn't got o the Pantanal. Shame on you... Did you meet up with Xica de Silva in Brazil/Brasil? Blog me please...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home